Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Regarding James Fox

The hard-man gangster Chas is played by James Fox. I've sometimes mixed him up with another British actor named Fox, Edward Fox. A little Googling on James Fox took me to a website where I learned that James and Edward Fox are brothers. Well.


Down in James Fox's bio are some notes about "Performance."

"Fox left the acting profession for nine years (1970-79) after he filmed Performance (1970) with Mick Jagger. A combination of his father's recent death, the strain of filming and smoking the hallucinogen DMT with Mick Jagger led to a nervous breakdown. Fox subsequently joined a religious cult known as "The Navigators".

...

"Personal Quotes
"[On his 9-year break from acting]: People think Performance (1970) blew my mind... my mind was blown long before that.
Performance (1970) gave me doubts about my way of life. Before that I had been completely involved in the more bawdy side of the film business. But after that everything changed.

No comments: